What you'll need:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used the entire bag, which is just over 2 cups. I like chocolate).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Heat butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat, stirring constantly until brown bits appear on the bottom. This should take about five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once cool, add to a large bowl with the white and brown sugars and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla.
- Separate the very liquidy dough into two bowls evenly.
- In one bowl add 1 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and a pinch of salt until the dough forms. It might be time to get your hands messy and use them to incorporate the dough. Once mixed, fold in half of the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In the other bowl add the remaining flour (3/4 cup) and baking soda (1/4 teaspoon) and another pinch of salt. Add in cocoa powder and mix until dough forms, then fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Roll each dough into twelve balls about one inch thick. Take one of each kind of dough and put on top of each other, then place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Devour and enjoy.
The "Lost" cookie plate. It was gone in a blink of an eye and I have no idea what happened.