Banana Cake with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
What you'll need:
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
- 6 oz white chocolate *would recommend 8 if you have it (all I had was my white chocolate bunny)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Add in vanilla, then slowly add in melted butter and whisk until completely smooth.
- Mix in mashed bananas until evenly incorporated, then add baking soda, flour, and salt and whisk until blended.
-Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cake is golden in color and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow cake to cool.
- Chop the white chocolate and put in bowl with peanut butter. Set aside.
- Heat cream in a saucepan on medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Make sure to remove from heat once you notice bubbles forming on the sides of the pan.
-Pour hot cream on the white chocolate/peanut butter mixture. Let sit for 1-2 minutes then using a whisk, mix until everything is melted and incorporated. This could take up to five minutes, but be patient!
-Pour over cake and spread.
I hope you just drooled. I sure know I did. But then again, I can actually smell this whole thing right now. You have to only imagine.
Last but not least, cut the cake into slices and serve! Also, allow your dog to stick her snout in the left side of the picture just to make your readers question things. It works. I promise.