What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate bark, to melt for dipping
- additional chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc., optional for topping the truffles
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla. Beat in flour one cup at a time. My friend Sky kinda freaked out with me, because the batter begins to look rather powdery. Once you add the condensed milk, and combine all was well in our world once again! Once that is all mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until the dough is firm.
- Use a small spoon (or if you're adventurous like I am, just use your clean hands!) to form dough into small inch sized balls. Once rolled, place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and place back in fridge until you're ready to dip them.
- Melt choclate in glass bowl according to the directions on the packaging. Using a spoon, dip the balls and place on wax paper. Decorate in any way your heart desires!
Oh and we also had some left over almond bark... I really hate to waste that stuff, so we made some almond bark pretzels too :)