- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-2 teaspoons milk, if needed
- food coloring if desired
- candy cane pieces (optional)
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy. Add in peppermint extract.
- Add powdered sugar in one cup at time and mix slowly until incorporated.
- Add milk if necessary and food coloring and candy cane pieces.
Now, if you're a normal person you could just stop there and have some delicious chocolatey and pepperminty cupcakes... If you're me, you're thinking you need more chocolate. So. Chocolate ganache it is!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-In a bowl pour chocolate chips and vanilla. Set aside
- In a small saucepan bring cream to a boil.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips, stir until chocolate is completely melted and incorporated. Let stand until thickens then top cupcakes. Add more candy cane pieces if desired!
Happy birthday, Miss B! And enjoy!