By most, I definitely do not mean all. We shouldn't let me decorate with chocolate after I've worked all day and it's after my bed time. I get inappropriate.
White Truffle Red Velvet Cupcakes
Yields twelve regular sized cupcakes
What you'll need:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 12 white chocolate truffles (I used Lindt), unwrapped
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
-Cream butter and sugars together on medium until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
-In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, vanilla, and food coloring to make a paste. Add this paste to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and beat until the color is fully incorporated.
- Add half the buttermilk, mix, then add half the flour and mix until incorporated. Repeat.
- Add baking soda and vinegar and beat.
-Fill each liner with 1/4 cup batter and drop a truffle in the center. Bake for 15-20 minutes, and let cool before frosting. Use whatever frosting you'd like. Since I don't have fridge space in my dorm, I used buttercream and that recipe can be found here.
I think this cupcake adventure went pretty well. My taste tester, Cooper agrees.