Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hershey's Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting

I've made (and consumed) a lot of chocolate cake in my life, but I'm positive nothing will compare to Hershey's chocolate cake. I mean, they've got that down to a science (test kitchens exist for a reason). So I've decided from now on that will be the base of all of my chocolate cakes, leaving room to explore different kinds of frosting.

For my first experiment, I made a cake for my final project in my Journalism 4551 New Media and Culture Class. There was a YouTube video that you can watch here, but really know that wrote a message against rape culture on the cake. So. Yeah. Pretty serious stuff.

Anyways, since I just gave you the link to the Hershey's recipe (it's also on the back of the jar of cocoa powder), I can just give you the frosting recipe!


Fudge Frosting

What you'll need:

  • 4 cups bittersweet baking chocolate
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup corn syrup
-Melt chocolate in microwave. Pour in mixing bowl add hot water and mix until combined. Add butter and mix. Mix in powdered sugar and corn syrup. Let sit until it stiffens and frost cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment