Monday, July 18, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

To all those who avoid cookie dough because of salmonella, fear no more! Here is a delectable and eggless cookie dough treat that my friends and I decided to make last week!



What you'll need:
  •  
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • chocolate bark, to melt for dipping
  • additional chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc., optional for topping the truffles
I was stupid enough to double the batch... One batch of these makes 3-4 dozen. I think I need to be a bit more careful about reading recipes.

To Make:

  1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla. Beat in flour one cup at a time. My friend Sky kinda freaked out with me, because the batter begins to look rather powdery. Once you add the condensed milk, and combine all was well in our world once again! Once that is all mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
  2. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until the dough is firm.
  3. Use a small spoon (or if you're adventurous like I am, just use your clean hands!) to form dough into small inch sized balls. Once rolled, place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and place back in fridge until you're ready to dip them.
  4. Melt choclate in glass bowl according to the directions on the packaging. Using a spoon, dip the balls and place on wax paper. Decorate in any way your heart desires!
I used both vanilla and chocolate almond bark. Personally I liked the chocolate better. Since they were so sweet, I decided to top some of the chocolate cookie dough balls with a little bit of sea salt. I love that combination and they turned out very well!


Oh and we also had some left over almond bark... I really hate to waste that stuff, so we made some almond bark pretzels too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment