Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

So occasionally my boyfriend Noah likes to give me ideas on something he'd like to eat. He's been doing this for almost a year now, back when we were just friends... Starting with lemonade cookies that I experimented with last summer.  But one day back in September he told me he wanted to eat chocolate chocolate cookies... Almost three months later:

These things were delicious. I almost regret giving Noah the entire batch... He did crumble up a few and put them in ice cream for me though. So... I think we're good.

What you'll need:

  • 1 1/4 cups butter (prepare for artery clogging.)
  • 1 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar (really it should be two cups white sugar, but I experimented this way, and they ended up delicious. So, really it's up to you.)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (give or take)


-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Blend butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs one at a time, combining after each addition. Then add in vanilla.
-In a separate bowl combine cocoa, flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually combine into creamed mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips. I did use semi-sweet chocolate chips but feel free to be different. I'm sure either white chocolate chips or butterscotch would be amazing in these.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, be careful not to overbake. Let cool on wire rack.

Cookie mountain!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment