Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Peppermint Bark via Tollhouse

It's that time of year again! No, not that time of year when I finally stop being lazy and start blogging a ton again... Well,  maybe that time too. I have been baking, I promise. I just have a tough time with my camera. But no worries. Today I have something involving one of the best elements of the holiday season: peppermint. More specifically, candy canes!

Well, I took the recipe from Allrecipes.com, but I modified it from there. And lemme tell you, it's ridiculously yummy. I hope my friends enjoy getting this treat as their presents for the holidays. It's the least I can do since I'm leaving them in about twelve days for a beach. I'm so excited to spend the holidays away from dreary Minnesota weather and instead spend it in Florida. Jealous? I would hope so.

What you need:
  • One package vanilla almond bark
  • 10-12 candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Melt almond bark according to directions.
- Place unwrapped candy canes in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin until in small pieces.
- Using a strainer, sprinkle the small pieces of the candy canes into the almond bark mix. Stir.
-Pour almond bark mixture onto baking sheet and spread. Top with remaining candy canes and press down lightly if needed.
- Let harden for an hour then break.


No comments:

Post a Comment