Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day Red Velvet Rice Krispies

As you may or may not know, last week was Valentine's Day. I've never before gone all out in dorkiness for this holiday, but this year Noah was my excuse. He was my excuse for these things...

They are sinful. As if you need cake mix, chocolate chips, and cream cheese frosting in your rice krispies... Okay, in this case maybe you do.


They were a hit with Noah and his family, to say the least. I definitely encourage you to try them, even if they aren't cut outs as hearts.

What you'll need:

  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 3 cups mini marshamallows
  • 1/3 cup red velvet cake mix
  • 4 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
  • 1 tub cream cheese frosting


To make:

  1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat.
  2. Add marshmallows and cake mix. Stir until melted.
  3. Remove from heat then add cereal. Then add chocolate chips
  4. Pour into pans and press flat, using wax paper (unless you find a better method. If you do, please let me know what it is!)
  5. Cut into hearts if desired and top with cream cheese frosting.

These were the beginning of my going overboard for Noah, (hello, glitter valentines!) but I kinda hope these were the favorite.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment