Monday, February 20, 2012

Cakeballs

I can't believe that I've been making cakeballs for almost four years and I have failed to blog about them until now. Fear not! I am here to share one of the most popular treats I make, and one that it seems most of the country has found an obsession for. But how could anyone resist this?



That's right. You can't resist them. I can't resist them either, especially because they're red velvet. I know, I have a problem. It's not cool... But it sure is tasty. The calories in these don't exist if you don't count them, right? Oh how I wish that was true.

What you'll need:
  • 1 box of cake mix and any ingredients needed on the box to bake the cake.
  • 1 tub of frosting (you'll only need about 3/4 of it)
  • 1 package of almond bark, chocolate chips, or candy melts (I typically just use almond bark)

To make:
  1. Mix and bake the boxed cake according to the directions.
  2. Let the cake cool completely then crumble.
  3. Pour cake into large bowl then dump in 3/4 of a tub of frosting.
  4. Mix until the frosting is no longer visible.
  5. Form the cake into one inch sized balls.
  6. Freeze the cakeballs for 15-30 minutes, then dip in melted almond bark. Let coating dry, then enjoy!



Now I'm going to post a ton of these pictures, drool, then go eat a cakeball. Wouldn't you do the same?







No comments:

Post a Comment