Saturday, January 19, 2013

Melting Moments (Bangdelish Cookies)

Saying that Christmas cookies are a big deal in my family is a complete and total understatement. Christmas in general for my family (my mom's side) is a big fat hairy stinking deal. It's one of the many times a year my mom, her thirteen siblings, their significant others, and all the grand kids get together. We love our Christmas and we love our cookies. Especially these cookies.
Although these cookies are called "Melting Moments" by normal people, my family has dubbed them "Bangdelish Cookies" because they're freaking awesome. The term Bangdelish was coined by my grandpa a few years ago while trying to tell my uncles that his shirt was made in Bangladesh, but instead it came out as "bangdelish." The word really has no meaning, but some of the family went through a period of saying it at anytime and whenever they deemed it appropriate. And by some of the family, I most definitely mean, my mother and my aunt Theresa.
What you'll need:

  • 1 lb. butter (oh yeah, these babies are artery clogging)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cornstarch
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
To make:
-Mix together the wet ingredients then add the dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

They're super freaking easy, I know. So you should go and make them.
These cookies could probably be frosted with any sort of vanilla frosting, but my favorite is my Grandma Pat's super simple recipe.

Mix together:
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup cream or milk
  • food coloring (if desired)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment