Friday, November 8, 2013

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate (For One)

I've been bedridden for the past week because I have mono. Now before you start chastising me and telling me to stop kissing so many boys, just stop. I've heard them all at this point! Mono sucks. If you've had it, you know that the only cure is lots of rest and fluids, but you poor sucker, you're going to have symptoms for about six weeks. So I've been sleeping, force feeding myself tea, and cuddling with this thing!

Isn't she cute?! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Screw having a boyfriend, all I need are my dogs to cuddle with. Seriously.

And. Well. Maybe this. I definitely think I need this in my life. 

This creamy, white chocolatey, pumpkiny monstrosity was everything I ever dreamed of and more. In a rooster mug. I know, I must have a death wish because there is absolutely nothing healthy in there for me, but just take a second. Look at it and tell me you don't want it in your life. 

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate (for one)

What you'll need: 
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Over medium heat, mix together the cream and milk and let simmer until hot, but not boiling.
-In a separate bowl, pour the chocolate chips and set aside. Once the dairy mixture is hot, pour over the chocolate chips, then stir until completely melted.
-Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin spice, then pour into a mug, top with whipped cream and additional pumpkin spice, if desired and enjoy.

And boy, did I enjoy it. Ruby definitely wanted some too and wouldn't leave me alone. So yes, to close this post there are going to be some more pictures of my dog. Why not?!



2 comments:

  1. This looks delightful :) Mostly I'm just happy that you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madi, this thing was too good. I can't even handle it. Of course I have a blog! I have some really messed up baking addiction...

      Delete