Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Turtle Cheesecake

What better way to start off blogging?! Two days ago my friend and I had an urging desire to bake, which is pretty much an every day thing for me. I hadn't baked anything in about three weeks. The withdrawl was surely kicking in! So we headed off to the grocery store to make this lovely cheesecake.
On to the recipe! Which I just got from a Betty Crocker Cookbook (I don't know what I'd do without one!)



What you'll need:
  • 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 40 cookies)
  • 1/4 cup butter melted (you can use margarine... but who is going to say no to butter?)
  • 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 hot fudge topping (I just bought some Smucker's hot fudge topping, and it was delicious!)
  • 1/2 cup coarsley chopped pecans
  1. Heat the oven to 350
  2. Mix cookie crumbs and butter in a medium bowl then firmly press crumbs against bottom and side of a 9 x 1 1/4 in  pie plate. *I had some trouble originally with this, since my crumbs were a little on the large side, but I eventually got the hang of it.
  3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla & eggs in large bowl with eletric mixer until smooth. Pour half of the batter into the pie plate
  4. Add hot fudge topping to remaining batter in the bowl. Beat until smooth then add to the pie plate. Use the tip of a knife to swirl the mixtures.
  5. Bake for 40-50 minutes until center is set, but make sure  not to insert a knife into the cheesecake! It can cause the cheesecake to crack as it cools (which it often does anyways!)
  6. Cool at room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with caramel topping and pecans. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment