On to the recipe! Which I just got from a Betty Crocker Cookbook (I don't know what I'd do without one!)
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter melted (you can use margarine... but who is going to say no to butter?)
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 hot fudge topping (I just bought some Smucker's hot fudge topping, and it was delicious!)
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter in a medium bowl then firmly press crumbs against bottom and side of a 9 x 1 1/4 in pie plate. *I had some trouble originally with this, since my crumbs were a little on the large side, but I eventually got the hang of it.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla & eggs in large bowl with eletric mixer until smooth. Pour half of the batter into the pie plate
- Add hot fudge topping to remaining batter in the bowl. Beat until smooth then add to the pie plate. Use the tip of a knife to swirl the mixtures.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until center is set, but make sure not to insert a knife into the cheesecake! It can cause the cheesecake to crack as it cools (which it often does anyways!)
- Cool at room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with caramel topping and pecans. Enjoy!