Thursday, October 20, 2011

Apple Crisp

So I don't know if anyone has caught on yet, but I am terrible about blogging right after I've made it. I made this apple crisp last Saturday. I'll try to get better about posting more often, but let's be honest- not too many people read this. It's just something for me to do.
Anyways. Apple crisp. Fall is here in Minnesota and that means I've only been thinking about all the fall flavors- pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and of course- apples. My mom and I make apple crisp every year with just a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. But now that I'm older, I tweak it just a tiny bit, by doubling the topping, and adding a little more spice. So I hope you enjoy!

What you'll need:

  • 5 cups sliced and peeled apples (My mom yelled at me for not peeling the apples. It really didn't make a difference, I swear. More protein?)
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 cup regular rolled oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 stick butter




    It looks yummy enough, right?
To make:

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Place fruit in square baking dish and stir in sugar



-To make topping: In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over the fruit.



-Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the topping is golden and fruit is tender. Top with caramel and vanilla ice cream if desired. (who wouldn't desire that? I mean... Really?)



No comments:

Post a Comment