Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cookies and Cream Brownies (A delayed post...)

So anyone who knows me knows that when I get bored there is always one solution: baking. A few Sundays ago, while I should've been doing my IB History homework (shh... you didn't hear that) I began to get a craving for a brownie... And an oreo at the same time. What resulted were these: (please excuse the poor photography)
A brownie with oreos in them, and a cookies and cream frosting. Yum. Need I say more? I didn't think so. Normally I don't eat much of what I bake, because I'm a weirdo... But these were an exception. I may have taken one or two off of the plate that were meant for my boyfriend and his family, but what he doesn't know won't hurt me.

Now since my sister, Morgan isn't exactly crazy about frosting on her brownies, I only frosted half of the batch, leaving some extra frosting in the bowl for me to eat. Trust me, I did eat it. I feel no shame.

Anyways, on to the recipe?

For the brownies-              
  • 3-4 squares baking chocolate
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla (or if you're me, accidently dumping a ton of vanilla in the bowl... Oops...)
  • 10 oreo cookies, crumbled
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream butter/chocolate mixture. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, beating one in at a time. Add flour, stir until just combined. Fold in crumbled cookies.
-Pour batter into 9x13 greased baking pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Make sure to cool before frosting. :)

For the frosting-

  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. of powdered sugar
  •  1 teaspoon vanilla
  •  1-2 teaspoons whipping cream (or if just milk if you'd rather use that...)
  • 10 oreo cookies, crushed.
-Mix together butter and powdered sugar, adding sugar gradually. Add in vanilla. Mix in milk a little at a time. Fold in cookies. Top brownies.



No comments:

Post a Comment