Friday, August 16, 2013

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins

I HAVE BEEN ABANDONED. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic. In reality I'm home alone this weekend because my mom is in Las Vegas for five days to celebrate my aunt and uncle's 10th wedding anniversary. I was left home alone with a stocked kitchen. Unfortunately, the raspberries in the fridge were starting to get soft. I was bored. So this happened.

I have no other excuse except boredom. But I mean, come on. My mom left me alone. She should have expected this, right?

All the messy glory.

What you'll need for the muffins:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
What you'll need for the crumble topping:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
To make:
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line one 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
-Prepare the crumble by whisking together the flour and sugar, then drizzling the melted butter and mixing until coarse crumbs are formed. Set aside.
-In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together vegetable oil, egg and milk until well combined.
-Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir with a large wooden spoon. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips evenly, then pour into the liners.
-Bake for about 18-20 minutes then let cool on a wire rack.

Cooper gave these muffins his stamp of approval!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment