Monday, January 13, 2014

Coconut Cream Cupcakes

This is the last of my Thanksgiving baking. I promise. I didn't post anything for Christmas, because you guys already have the recipes (apparently I'm getting less creative).

Or am I? I made these babies after my failure of a coconut cream pie. The pie wouldn't set and it was a disaster, but I felt compelled to make sure my family had a coconut-y dessert. So this is what happened.

What you'll need:

  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 shredded, sweetened coconut
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
  • 2 eggs and 2 egg whites
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • The frosting found here
  • toasted coconut for topping
To make:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar, then add eggs, egg whites, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
-In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut then add to wet mixture and mix until combined.
-Fill cupcake liners, bake for 20 minutes, let cool, then frost and top with toasted coconut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment