Monday, January 13, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

I don't even have anything clever to start this one off with. My brain is fried after finishing finals.
I guess I can tell you that I've never eaten pumpkin pie and probably never will. But I made it for my family!

What you'll need:

  • one pre-made pie crust
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups, canned, pureed pumpkin
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg plus two egg yolks, beaten
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1/2 stick melted butter 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
To make:

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
-Place a piece of pre-made (whether store-bought or homemade) pie crust on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Pinch and crimp ends to make a pattern, or really do whatever you can. (I'm not exactly good at this part...) Put the pie shell in the freezer for an hour to form shape, then cover in foil and bake for ten minutes. Remove foil.
-To make the filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pumpkin then beat until combined. Mix in the sugar salt, then the eggs (one at a time). Add the cream, melted butter, vanilla, then pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined.
-Pour mixture into the pre-baked pie shell. Bake for 50 minutes, then let cool completely before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment