Monday, January 13, 2014

French Silk Pie

Yeah. I'm still working on posting my Thanksgiving recipes. I've only been on winter break for a month... I have no clue how I haven't found the time to post them, but I swear. I'm finishing them today! Better late than never, right?


Let me entice you with chocolate curls and whipped cream. Is it working? If it isn't, you're clearly a Communist (If you're a Communist, good for you. Thanks for reading my blog).

French Silk Pie is probably my favorite treat on Thanksgiving. My mom has been making this recipe for years, so there's a bit of nostalgia attached to it.  


What you'll need:

  • 1 graham cracker crust
  • 1 jar marshmallow fluff (7 oz.)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 2 oz unsweetened baker's chocolate
  • 2 tablespoons strongly brewed coffee
  • 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
(topping)
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • chocolate shavings to top
To make:
-In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow fluff, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate, and coffee; cook and stir often on low heat until everything is melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust.
- Prepare whipping cream by beating heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Top the pie then add chocolate shavings, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment