On to the recipe, shall we?
What you'll need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini (I learned this today, you don't peel the zucchini. Apparently the skin adds extra protein! Woohoo! Less work for me!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I almost always up that amount by another half teaspoon)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (I suppose you could use walnuts instead.... Personally I'm a fan of pecans)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (If you're not a chocoholic like I am, you may use a cup of dried fruit such as cranberries instead.)
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
-Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans, liberally.
-In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. From there mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla extract.
I apologize. The egg mixture is not very pretty!
-In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and the pecans and chocolate chips.
Morgan was helping me out today! Unfortunately I couldn't get a very clear picture of her.
-Stir dry ingredient mixture into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
-Place in the oven and bake loaves for 60 minutes (+ or - 10 minutes.)
My bread turn out really well. It was moist and delicious. I'll definitely be making it again!