Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cookie Dough Cupcake

Cookie dough and cake seem to have always been in their own separate worlds, right? Well, not anymore! A few months ago I made these sugar coma-inducing treats, and I've been an addict ever since...  So have many of my fellow classmates. The best way to make a ton of friends at school: bring in baked goods. 
I decided to make these once again for a surprise going away party for my friend Katie, who moves back to Missouri later this week. We'll miss her tons, and I thought these might be something for her to remember me by.
 Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • one box yellow cake mix (along with the necessary materials to make the cake.)
  • one tub of frosting (any flavor) or homemade frosting (I typically make the chocolate frosting that's simply on the back of a container of Hershey's cocoa)

  1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside. Cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add one egg and vanilla extract  until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until incorporated then fold in the chocolate chips. Form dough into 24 evenly sized balls, place on a cookie sheet and freeze for two hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with liners.
  3. Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box. Pour batter into cupcake liners. Once liners are filled, place one cookie dough ball in each tin.
  4. Bake cake according to directions on box, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake part (not the cookie dough!) comes out clean. Cool in pans for about ten minutes, then remove. Let cool completely before frosting.

Before being frosted! I almost wished I would've just made a cake from scratch. Then again, this is less time consuming.



This is what the center of the cupcake looked like. I'm sorry I couldn't really get a very pretty picture! But take my word, they're delicious!


Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment