Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy (and almost cheating) Key Lime Pie

This is the second time in the past two months that I've made this pie. Well, since I made two pies today, I suppose you could say third.
But look at it! I mean, really? Could you resist this limey goodness?! I hope you're answer is no, otherwise that means that I have some major problems.
The best part about this pie is that it only has four ingredients (plus two for the whipped cream topping).

What you'll need:
  • One can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 9 inch pre-made graham cracker crust
Yup! That's really all you need to achieve this...



To make:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium sized bowl beat together the eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice. Pour mixture into pie crust.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before refrigerating. Top with whipped cream before ready to serve.
Now this time my pie did turn out very limey, but I think the whipped cream balanced out. My mom is bringing one of the pies to work, so I guess they'll be the final verdicts!



Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to make one for my mom. She's going to be mad I didn't bring any home for her x)

    ReplyDelete